The sentences are given below, when properly
sequenced, form a coherent paragraph. Each sentence is labelled with a number (1, 2, 3,
4 or 5). Decide on the proper order for the sentences and key in the correct answer for the
question given below the five sentences.
1. If the cause is a blocked artery, blood flow can often be restored using clot-
2. When dealing with a stroke – loss of blood supply to the brain – the time is of
3. This is called a “reperfusion” injury.
4. In one of nature’s crueller ironies, the metabolic changes that take place in
cells after about three hours without oxygen or glucose mean that restoring blood flow
becomes damaging in itself.
5. If those drugs are swallowed too late, however, they can do more harm than