About IIM Ahmedabad
The Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIM A) is India’s premier management institute. The institute was set up in 1961 and ever since it has been imparting world-class business and management education. IIM A is consistently rated among some of the best business schools across India and around the world.
- Post Graduate Program in Management
- Post Graduate Programme for Executives
- Post Graduate Program in Food and Agribusiness Management
- Faculty Development Programme (FDP)
- Fellow Programme in Management
Required Exams: CAT, GATE, GMAT, GRE
Admission Process and eligibility
The admission process consists of the nationally administered Common Admission Test (CAT), and subsequent rounds of personal interviews. The students are selected on the basis of their CAT scores, past academic performance and performance in the interviews. Selected students have scholastic achievements in disciplines such as arts, commerce, science and professional streams such as engineering, technology and medicine. The PGP classes have had a mix of fresh graduates and persons with work experience. Eligibility :
- The candidate must hold a bachelor's degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (in case of the candidate belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Persons with Disabilities (PwD) category, this is relaxed to 45%), of any of the universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a university under section 3 of UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification recognised by the Ministry of HRD, Government of India.
- The bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification obtained by the candidate must entail a minimum of three years of education after completing higher secondary schooling (10+2) or equivalent.
- The percentage obtained by the candidate in the bachelor's degree would be based on the practice followed by the institution/university from where the candidate has obtained the degree. In case of the candidate being awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the equivalence would be based on the equivalence certified by the institution/university from where they have obtained the bachelor's degree.
- In case the institution/university does not have any scheme for converting the CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by IIMA by dividing the obtained CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the resultant by 100.
- A candidate appearing for the final year bachelor's degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed the degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply. Such a candidate must produce a certificate from the principal/head of the department/registrar/director of the institution/university certifying that the candidate is currently in the final year/is awaiting final results and has obtained at least 50% marks or equivalent (45% in case of the candidate belonging to SC/ST/PwD category) based on latest available grades/marks.
- Surya BagchiPGP '92
- Deep KalraPGP '92
- Manish AgarwalPGP '01
- Vikas AgarwalPGP '07
- Sandeep Gupta PGP '11
Chaos: Chaos is the annual intra-institute cultural fest of the Institute. Insight: Insight is the marketing conclave of IIM Ahmedabad that brings corporates, B-school students, academia and consumers together to promote marketing and market research. Confluence: Confluence, the largest B-school meet, invites events from Finance, Marketing, Strategy, Entrepreneurship and IT and Operations. It is the only B-school meet in India to draw participants from all over the world. ConneXions: ConneXions is an annual IIMA PGPX event, which facilitates industry interaction with academia. The eminent personalities come together to debate about the contemporary issues and also it enables exchange of ideas.
Get IIM Ahmedabad Updates
Fresher (%) :- 20 Work Experience<2 Years (%) :- 46 Work Experience>2 Years (%) :- 34
Placements & Fee Structure
Batch Size :- 400 Average Packrage (INR) :- 25.83 lakhs Fee (INR) :- 23 lakhs
Infrastructure / Facilities
Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad Vastrapur, Ahmedabad 380015 Gujarat INDIA Website: www.iima.ac.in